Monday, September 28, 2009

Girls Today

A rant on society:

Do not need push-up bras at the age of 10! Many will think that they might be developed enough, I was, but even then, just no. The problem with girls today is, in the words of the great Aretha Franklin, R-E-S-P-E-C-T. They do not have respect for themselves, never mind boys or other girls. All girls can think about is "does he like me?" "what do they think of me?" and stuff like that. Yes, girls will be girls, but now, they have to continue to one-up each other. Get a padded bra. Get a push-up bra. Wear a thong. Wear a bright colored thong with white pants or a very short skirt. Show cleavage you might not really have. Get a boob job. Get a nose job. Fake tan. Tattoos. Piercings. The list goes on and on.

Also on that list, sleep with a guy. Get pregnant. Have three babies by the age of 18. Yeah... and by the way, 60% or more of daughters born to teen or un-wedded mothers become one themselves. Great! God out of the schools and handing out condoms to junior highers totally works! Right.

But you know, this all comes from the fear of offending others. Really? You can't offend another person? Did you know, your fear of offending others and not speaking your mind actually offends me. What cha gonna do bout it?

~ The Short One

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that society is whack for telling girls that they need to sexualize themselves in order to please men. It's a backwards idea in regards to society, and an un-Biblical idea in that it flaunts the temple meant for the eyes of one person. And if not one person, at least save your goodies for the bedroom, and not for all of us to see (oftentimes, those goodies aren't all that good).

    However, even though I am a Christian as you know, firm in my beliefs, I also put my faith in the system created by the forefathers of our great country. I think that God should not be in schools. For that matter, religion at all. Because, if we get the power of being in schools and government, we will become another copy of the Catholic church. Corrupt, dying with the disease of our own greed. Plus, you and I both know that God doesn't need school or government to do His awesome works. I also hate that people pass out condoms to junior highers. But I think that it is ok to give them to High Schoolers. Because I would rather preach to safe-sex teens than teens dying of AIDS. But, that one's just my opinion. Great post!


    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete