Friday, September 4, 2009

First Official Post With Meaning!

So... for the first post each day I actually decide to log in, I will place a quote first and then comment on it. Later posts, well... those are going to be random and just whatever happens to catch my mind that day will hit the page.

So... first quote for the time being...

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.
~ C.S. Lewis

What I get from this is that truth is just there. You can deny that the sky is blue or even red at sunset. Trees are sometimes green. This page is a dark blue. You can deny all that. You can deny the fact that all humans have blood in their veins. You can deny that matter cannot be created, nor destroyed but must be converted into energy or from energy to change form. (by the way, that's one Law of Thermodynamics...)

That can be denied, but that does not change the truth of it. You can say I have blue hair, when really, right now my hair is brown and has hints of blonde and auburn highlights in it. Truth is just that, truth. It can be denied, but that does not change it. the belief of the truth, or the non belier of it does not mean that is does or does not exist. In this same vein of thought, God, and there-by His Glory, cannot be diminished or changed by one man, or a few more, believe He is not. We have a sun. That sun was created by God. He exists and He created us. therefore we exist, even if we fail to see Him, Him Glory, or His Works in this world.

Truth is always. God is truth. He even said so.

I have actually decided to do two for right now.

I am sure that some are born to write as trees are born to bear leaves.
~ C.S. Lewis

I just like this one. I cannot seem to be able to stop writing. I used to hate it. Teachers were always so... discouraging. I wanted to write on this, or that... but no. I had to do it the way they wanted. I had to write on the subject they wanted.

One day, my teacher said, "Here, take this tory. Now, write five paragraphs in the essay form we just discussed. Find your own topic and thesis and write on it." the essay format was the typical college one: Intro, Body Paragraph 1, Body Paragraph 2, Body Paragraph 3, Conclusion. Easy enough to follow, right? So I chose a topic, I thought it rocked, and the rest of the class did not... but I wrote the paper. And then the teacher read the paper out to the class. They thought it was written by a pro (right...). She told me it was very good. I was so happy. I was proud of my own writing! This was a first!

Now, I am completing my English degree with a concentration in Creative Writing!

I think this quote can also be changed...

"I am sure that some are born to teach as trees are born to bear leaves."

This was a teacher who helped me realize a passion I kept suppressing. She is a teacher born to teach.

~ The Short One

No comments:

Post a Comment